This is coming barely two years that the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) phased out paper and pencil examination mode for the matriculation examination.
Minister of Education Mallam Adamu Adamu, gave this indication yesterday in Abuja when he visited some centres in the FCT to monitor the ongoing UTME being conducted by JAMB.
Adamu, however, said he was satisfied with the conduct of the CBT mode of the examination so far, noting that he was glad the Board has addressed most of his concerns and other Nigerians.
He said: “I seem to be very comfortable and happy with what they are doing. But my question has not been answered; that there may be people who are not computer literate, so, what do you do with them. I do not have reservation about CBT but I have sympathy for those who are not computer literate and there are many of them”.
Meanwhile, Registrar and Chief Executive Officer of JAMB Professor Dibu Ojerinde has disclosed that over 200,000 candidates results have been released since the examination commenced on Saturday.
He said candidates who had sat for the examination, were at liberty to visit the website and source their results.
More than 1.85million applied to take the examination,nationwide in 2016.
The figures however,recorded a slight increase of 113,673 applicants (1.47million) candidates who applied for the examination in 2015.
The examination body commenced full Computer Based Testing(CBT) in the year 2014 after eliminating the Paper Pencil Testing(PPT) system,same year.
Ojerinde also said federal government has mandated the National Communications Commission(NCC) to create at least four new CBT centres annually.
“National Communications Commission has been mandated to give us at least four centres every year,meanwhile the first four are fully completed,the next four would soon be built and with time every nook and crannies of the country will have functional CBT centres,”Ojerinde stated.
The tertiary examination body, prior to the commencement of the examination last week, gave a 48 hour grace period to enable candidates who were aggrieved and unable to conclude their registration process to do so.
The portal was subsequently shut down to the public at mid-night of February 25,2016.