Osun: APC Denies PDP’s Accusation, Says Aregbesola Not Withholding Bailout Funds

Osun: APC Denies PDP’s Accusation, Says Aregbesola Not Withholding Bailout Funds

Patrick Aigbokhan
The All Progressive Party in Osun state has denied allegations by the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP that Governor Rauf Aregbesola is inflicting hardship on the people of the state, especially civil servants, by withholding the bailout funds rather than using it to pay salaries.
In its accusation, PDP, in a statement issued on Sunday by its spokesperson, Prince Diran Odeyemi in Osogbo, said the piecemeal mode adopted by state government in paying salaries was a further confirmation that the money had been fixed.
The party added that workers in the state were last paid half of their July salaries, with all allowances being hitherto enjoyed by them removed, stressing that the retirees were also being treated in same manner, with many of them still being owed up to six months despite release of bailout funds to the state in August.
But in reaction to the allegations, Mr. Sunday Akere, consultant on information to the state Osun state government, debunked PDP claims, describing it as a way of the PDP trying to seek relevance in the state.
“PDP wants to use our reaction to gain relevance. I am sure they have a copy of the Memorandum of Understanding, MoU, the state government signed with the workers.
“The bailout covered to June and we have paid June salaries, we have paid July and August.
“We signed an MoU with the workers and we have kept to the terms of the document religiously,” Akere said.