Military Confirms Sack Of Terrorists From Michika

DHQ

The Nigerian Military authorities have confirmed its troops sacked the terrorists who had been occupying Michika and its environs in Adamawa.

In a statement issued by the Director of Defence Information, Maj.-Gen. Chris Olukolade in Abuja on Friday, the military said that extensive mop up operation and search for arms or stranded terrorists and other casualties were ongoing.

It said assault on terrorists’ main positions was concluded on Thursday, Jan. 29 as many of them died in the combat.

It said that troops who sustained injuries in the operation were receiving medical attention.

“Other troops are continuing the pursuit of those who are on the run from the town. Normalcy has been restored accordingly’’, it said.

The statement also said that Nigerian officers in key command positions of the Multi-National Joint Task Force (MNJTF) were in the process of accounting for their actions.

It explained that the actions of the officers had led to the loss of weapons, men and location in their sphere of responsibility in the mission area.

It added that the exercise was a normal military procedure in major operations or after encounters.

It said that the essence of the procedure was to extract and collate relevant information for subsequent missions.

The statement said that it could also lead to or determine appropriate disciplinary action where necessary.