Boko Haram abducts another eight girls in Borno

Boko Haram leader, Abubakar Shekau (middle)

Suspected Boko Haram gunmen kidnapped eight girls aged 12 to 15 from a village near one of their strongholds in northeast Nigeria overnight,
police and residents said Tuesday. “They were many, and all of them carried guns. They came in two vehicles painted in army color. They started shooting in our village,” said Lazarus Musa, a resident of Warabe, where the attack happened.
A police source, who could not be named, said the girls were taken away on trucks, along with looted livestock and food. The Islamist rebels are still holding more than 200 girls they abducted from a secondary school on April 14.
The leader of Boko Haram on Monday threatened to sell the kidnapped schoolgirls, who were taken in northeastern Nigeria last month.
Boko Haram militants stormed an all-girl secondary school in the village of Chibok on April 14 and packed the teenagers, who had been taking exams, onto trucks and disappeared into a remote area along the border with Cameroon.
The attack shocked Nigerians, who have been growing accustomed to hearing about atrocities in an increasingly bloody five-year-old Islamist insurgency in the north.
“I abducted your girls. I will sell them in the market, by Allah,” Boko Haram leader Abubakar Shekau says in a video, chuckling as he stands in front of an armored personnel carrier with two masked militants wielding AK-47s on either side of him.